Manassas, VA residents can receive top-notch, effective eczema treatment
Some skin conditions are clear-cut and easy for even a non-trained individual to determine what it is (acne). Then there’s others that are hard to pinpoint exactly what they are. Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia, Inc., serving the Manassas, VA area, takes pride in our intensive medical training. We’ve found that eczema can be hard for non-dermatologists to identify.
What makes eczema so hard to diagnose?
Eczema isn’t just one health condition, but multiple types of skin reactions. There are at least eleven different types of skin conditions that cause eczema. Treatment depends on the cause of your eczema. These conditions cause chronic itchy, dry, and thickened skin.
Some skin conditions that cause eczema:
- Irritant dermatitis: This is caused by exposure to products and substances that are irritants to you.
- Allergic contact dermatitis: Often, when our bodies come into contact repeatedly with allergens, our immune system triggers eczema.
- Stasis dermatitis: This is commonly found on those with poor circulation in their legs and is on the lower part of the legs.
- Fungal infections: Fungus causes an eczema reaction. This can be determined by examining a scraping under a microscope.
- Scabies: This is an infestation of itch mites.
- Xerotic (dry skin) eczema: Skin can crack and ooze if dryness is excessive.
The best eczema treatment:
As can be seen by the different triggers, treatment will depend on the underlying cause. We are committed to creating individualized treatment plans that work! We take our time in the initial consultation to fully evaluate and interpret the underlying cause. We then determine the most effective treatment path for your specific symptoms. These two things are the most instrumental in effective relief of your symptoms.