Centreville, VA dermatologist uses facial fillers to help combat signs of aging
Aging skin changes. The natural aging process will occur no matter any type of outside influences. After you turn 20, you will produce less collagen each year. Your skin becomes thinner and more fragile. Once you add external factors such as sun damage, smoking, and exposure to pollution, the signs of aging increase. Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia, Inc., located in Centreville, VA, uses facial fillers to help hold back the tide of time.
Injectable soft tissue fillers reduce facial wrinkles. They can give a smoother appearance. They are injected into the skin using a very fine needle.
What they can do:
- Plump your lips into a fuller shape.
- Enhance shallow areas in your face.
- Soften facial wrinkles.
- Improve appearance of any recessed scars.
Maximizing benefits of facial filler treatments:
- All treatments need to be done in a medical setting with sterilized instruments. Many spas or others may offer at-home treatments or in spa treatments. These are not safe as adverse effects may occur and a medical environment is best. Also, we have very specific training and can ensure that you get the amount of filler that is right for you.
- Don’t get your facial fillers from outside sources. Ask questions! Be sure that you know exactly which filler is being used. We will always explain which one we are using thoroughly and that it is FDA approved.
- Use sunscreen daily to help lengthen the life of the effects of filler.
We always start with a consultation. We have multiple types of fillers available. Each type works for different things, so which one is chosen depends on your specific issues and your specific wants.
Get started on skin you will love! Call us at 866-808-3140 today to schedule your appointment. We look forward to meeting you.