Centreville, VA residents interested in hair regrowth can visit us for a great solution
Our physical appearance affects the way we feel about ourselves. If you are a victim of hair loss, your self-confidence has probably taken a pretty severe hit. Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia, Inc., located in Centreville, VA, is committed to helping patients feel great about how they look. We offer our patients innovative and effective solutions to their dermatology needs.That’s why we offer PRP therapy for hair regrowth.
Why is a hair regrowth method offered by dermatologists?
Many people think dermatologists only deal with the skin. However, dermatologists are specialists in diagnosing and treating diseases of the skin, hair, and nails. We can diagnose the cause of your hair loss and determine if PRP therapy is the solution for you.
PRP stands for platelet rich plasma. This therapy uses your concentrated blood plasma. Platelets are one of your body’s defenses against infection and injury. Doctors have been utilizing platelets for treatments of different conditions for decades. We take some blood from you, then spin it in a centrifuge to separate the platelets. We inject the platelets into your damaged hair follicles, which then heals the damage, renewing hair growth in the affected areas.
Causes of hair loss:
- Chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- Traction alopecia: This typically affects women who wear their hair in very tight hairstyles, like pony tails.
- Pattern baldness: This tends to affect men mostly, but can also affect women.
- Telogen effluvium: This is caused by emotional or physical shock that can cause your hair to fall out.
Why we are the right place for you:
- We have consistently been voted Top Doc by the Washingtonian and other publications.
- We provide individualized treatment. We do in-depth consultations to ensure we are prescribing the most effective treatment for you.
Start feeling better about yourself today! (866) 808-3140