Dermatologists offer Chantilly, VA-area patients treatment for hair regrowth
Shampoo ads show men and women with full heads of hair, shining, and very thick. But, not everyone has hair that matches these ads. While men typically are the ones who experience hair loss, many women also suffer from the condition. Different causes can contribute to hair loss, but the result is the same. Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia, Inc., serving the Chantilly, VA area, wants everyone to feel self-confident and beautiful. Because of this, we offer a chance for hair regrowth using PRP therapy. If you think this might be a solution for you, give us a call!
Reasons for hair loss:
- Pattern baldness: While typically impacting men, pattern baldness can also affect women.
- Scarring alopecia: This is permanent hair loss.
- Alopecia areata: Doctors believe that this type of hair loss is an autoimmune disorder.
- Telogen effluvium: An emotional or physical shock causes hair to suddenly fall out.
- Traction alopecia: Styling your hair into tight styles can weaken the root and cause hair to fall out.
- Poor nutrition.
- Chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
What PRP therapy is:
Platelet rich plasma is your own blood plasma, concentrated. It contains almost five times the number of platelets found in your normal blood. Platelets contain growth factors that assist in healing and aid in blood clotting at the site of a wound. Doctors have been using PRP in medicine for at least two decades. If your hair follicles or roots are healthy, then your hair will grow healthy. If PRP is introduced to the area of damaged hair follicles, the body begins to heal the “wound,” leading to hair growth.
Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia, Inc. is committed to treating each patient with care and compassion. Call us today to schedule your consultation. Get started on that full head of hair! (866) 808-3140.