Top dermatologists in Centreville, VA explain how Botox works
We have all heard the word Botox. Celebrities talk about it, jokes about it pop up in movies, co-workers and friends rave about it. What isn’t often discussed is exactly how Botox works. In Centreville, Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia, Inc. wants you to know the value of Botox as a solitary treatment or as part of a full treatment regimen.
What Botox is:
Botox is a neuromodulator made from botulinum toxin type A, a purified protein. Neuromodulators block nerve signals between the brain and the muscles that have received the injections. Botox used in cosmetic treatments relaxes the muscle movement, reducing or eliminating the appearance of wrinkles.
Procedure used for Botox treatment:
- The first step is always a consultation. During this, we discuss what you hope to achieve through treatment, what treatments we offer to help achieve that goal, and the process of each procedure. Our goal is helping you to gain confidence in your appearance.
- Our Board-certified physicians have undergone intensive training to understand facial anatomy. We will decide the best muscle groups to treat with Botox.
- Receiving an injection of Botox only takes a few minutes, and can be done over a lunch hour.
- For two to three hours afterwards, we strongly recommend that you do not rub the treated area.
- Within a week, you will see your wrinkles smoothed.
- After three to four months, we can repeat the treatment to maintain results.
- Quick and convenient
- Minimal side effects
We have spent decades providing excellent skin care to all ages and all skin types. We are consistently named Top Doctors by Washingtonian magazine. We want to use that experience and that quality of care to help you achieve the results that you desire. Give us a call today at (866) 808-3140 to schedule your consultation.