Respected dermatology clinic in Centreville provides patients with the relief of UV light therapy
You have grown up hearing that UV rays are bad for your skin, too much exposure can lead to skin cancer. While this is true, UV light treatment can drastically improve some conditions. Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia, in Centreville, takes pride in offering our patients customized care. We constantly strive to learn and provide the most innovative treatments. This shows in our status as a Washingtonian Top Doctor.
Conditions UV light therapy treats:
- Psoriasis: A possible autoimmune disorder where your immune system attacks your skin skills, causing skin to thicken and scale.
- Vitiligo: the destruction of pigment-producing cells causes This, causing patchy losses of skin pigmentation.
- Atopic dermatitis: An allergy-related skin condition which causes itchy and scaly patches of skin.
Types of UV light therapy:
- Broad band UVB light therapy: UVB rays are delivered into the skin. This slows the growth of affected skin cells.
- Narrow band UVB light therapy: This uses UVB light that releases a smaller range of ultraviolet light. Studies show that narrow band therapy reduces psoriasis quicker than broad band therapy and can produce longer remissions.
- Ultraviolet A: This penetrates deeper than UVB rays.
- Consultation: We always meet with our patients individually for a full examination and discussion of treatment options. We tailor your treatment to you and your lifestyle.
- UV therapy is applied in our office, ensuring the highest level of safety.
- Multiple treatments will be needed to effectively clear up the skin disorder.
UV light therapy has a very high-efficiency rating for treating psoriasis and other skin disorders. If you are suffering, don’t continue suffering in silence. We can and will help you take your life back! Call Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia today at (866) 808-3140 to schedule a consultation to find out more about our innovative and effective light treatments.