Centreville dermatologist explains how the skin ages and how wrinkle treatments can help
Our face is important part of our communications with others. Facial expressions as well as several other factors including lifestyle choices, stress, weight loss, and sun exposure can all take a toll on the skin. During the aging process, our body begins producing less of the collagen and elastin that we need for full, youthful looking skin. Over time, wrinkles and lines begin to develop on the face, making you appear older than you are.
Dermal fillers are an extremely efficient wrinkle treatment for people who want their skin to look better. Not surprisingly, they are one of the most common procedures performed at our Centerville office. With dermal filler injections, patients experience a boost in lost volume which fills in wrinkles and improves texture and tone.
While dermal fillers can act as a standalone treatment, they are often done in combination with other procedures such as Botox, chemical peels, or microdermabrasion. By combining treatments, patients can achieve results that far exceed the outcome of an individual treatment.
Some of the most common changes being addressed with our anti-aging solutions include:
- Rehydration – Over time, the skin can dry out and become dehydrated, causing the skin to have a rough, leathery texture.
- Increase collagen production – As there is a decline in the collagen network, the skin begins to lose structure and lines and wrinkles form.
- Improved elasticity – Dehydration and decrease in elastin can cause skin to droop and sag.
- Contour redefinition – The facial lines, particularly around the jaw begin to lose definition as bone structure and fatty tissues diminish.
- Improved tone and texture – In addition to the aging process, many lifestyle and environmental factors can leave spots, pigmentation damage, on the skin.
When you visit Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia, Inc. for anti-wrinkle treatments, you will begin with a comprehensive evaluation. Our team is very familiar with the skin’s aging process and has years of experience recommending the appropriate type of injectable filler for patients to create beautiful and natural looking results.
If you are in the Centreville area, and are ready to start your journey to looking younger, call us today at (866) 808-3140 to learn more about dermal fillers.